Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review : MAC Viva Glam VI Lipstick + Swatches



This is my first MAC lipstick. Earlier I used to wear Revlon and Lakme. I have heard a lot of people raving about this brand and its lipsticks. So I was eager to try one.

 Since I am having dry lips I was looking for a moisturizing lipstick and an every day wearable shade. I tried different shades and I finally bought viva glam VI.




 
VIVA GLAM VI, the newest member of the VIVA GLAM family, is a warm terracotta-plum with pearl finish. Wear it alone or finish it off with a coat of VIVA GLAM VI Lipglass. Another feel good fact is that every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass is donated to the M·A·C AIDS Fund to support men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS.




 Colour:
    • Its colour is described as warm terracotta plum and has a subtle pearl  shine which looks good on almost every one.
    • This is  rather sheer on its first application but can be built to a  medium brown pink.
    • My lips are slightly pigmented so this lipstick evens it out and gives a  natural finish to the lips.
    •  This is a great every day lipstick.

 Finish:
  • This is lustre finish.
  •  It does not dry my lips.
  •  It goes on very smooth and does not accentuate any fine lines on my lips.  
  •  It is moderately glossy.



 The only down side I felt is that it does not have much staying power. You have to reapply every few hours.

Overall this is a perfect dark terracotta colour with a beautiful sheen that makes the lips look wet.If you are looking for a healthier looking lips,this is a good choice for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment